It can be difficult to acknowledge that you or someone you care about is in an abusive relationship.
Domestic violence does not always look the same, but there are some warning signs that may indicate you are in an unhealthy relationship.
Take a few minutes to answer these questions:
- Does your partner constantly insult you or put you down?
- Does your partner want to know what you do and where you are at all times?
- Does your partner act really jealous of your friends or family?
- Does your partner blame you for his/her violence?
- Has your partner ever threatened to hurt you or him/herself if the relationship ends?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, it is important for you to get help. Call the 24-Hour Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-866-SAFE-014 before the cycle of violence gets worse.