Dish It Up Chef, Heather Annechiarico, on the 10! Show
Heather Annechiarico, founder of Hawthornes Cafe, appeared on the 10! Show to promote her purple cuisine for Dish It Up!
Ahi Tuna Bird Nest with Coconut Rice Plum Butter and Pappadew Slaw
Recipe courtesy of Heather Annechiarico
- Sushi grade ahi tuna
- Rice noodles
- Wasabi powder
- Red Beet and eggplant juice
- Long grain white rice
- Coconut milk
- Red cabbage
- Plum butter
- Take rice stick noodles and form into a small bowl
- Place ball between two slotted spoons and submerge in oil
- Get the ball to form a tiny nest
- Prepare rice
- Once rice is prepared mix in your coconut milk and add a little more to make it sticky. Then add your beet and eggplant juice to it's desired color
- Julienne pappadews, red cabbage, carrots, and diced Ginger. Toss together with fennel, salt, pepper, olive oil, tuna
- Roll tuna in sesame seeds. Sauté tuna in an extremely hot pan with garlic and olive oil just to sear edges
Place a scoop of sticky rice inside dice noodle bird neat.
Top with one piece of tuna, a dollop of plum butter and garnish with Pappadew slaw.
See the recipe on NBCPhiladelphia.com