Dish It Up 2019 Advocate of the Year and Chair Announced
Katie Young Wildes
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Rabbi Jill Maderer Selected as Dish It Up 2019's Advocate of the Year
Dish It Up Female Chef Competition to be held March 21, 2019 at VIE
The Honorable Jane Cutler Greenspan will chair
Celebrity Judges have been selected
Prominent Chefs are signing-up now to compete
January 7, 2019
PHILADELPHIA, PA – Women Against Abuse, Inc., one of the largest domestic violence service providers in the country, serving an average of 12,500 individuals in Philadelphia each year through emergency housing, legal services, hotline counseling, education and advocacy, has announced this year’s honoree and chair for its 11th Annual Dish It Up on Thursday, March 21, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. ‐ 9:00 p.m. at VIE, (600 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA). Dish it Up is Philadelphia’s ONLY female chef competition and attracts close to 500 business and community leaders, celebrity chefs and food aficionados.
The 2019 Advocate of the Year is Rabbi Jill L. Maderer. She has served Congregation Rodeph Shalom on Broad Street in Philadelphia since her ordination from Hebrew Union College – Jewish Institute of Religion in New York in 2001, becoming their senior rabbi in 2017. She is the first woman to serve in this role. Rabbi Maderer works collaboratively across diverse, multi-faith communities in Philadelphia to advance the congregation’s vision for creating profound connections. Rabbi Maderer is a powerful voice for survivors of violence. In her message “Our Jewish Leadership Responding to #MeToo and Time’s Up,” Rabbi Maderer emphasizes the importance of addressing the root causes of gender-based violence in society and mobilizes people for change.
The 2019 Honorary Chair, The Honorable Jane Cutler Greenspan (ret.), has a distinguished judicial and legal career spanning more than three decades. Justice Greenspan served as a Justice of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 20 years as a Judge in the Trial Division of the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas, and more than 10 years as an Assistant District Attorney, where she served as Chief of the Domestic Violence Unit and Chief of Superior Court Appeals. In that role, she worked closely with service providers, including the Women Against Abuse Legal Center, to secure justice for victims of domestic violence.
Judges for this year’s event include:
- Gina Gannon, Traffic Reporter and Food Host for FYI Philly, WPVI-TV 6ABC
- Michael Klein, Restaurant Columnist, The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philly.com
- Tony Luke, American restaurateur, actor, and media host who founded the cheese steak franchise, Tony Luke’s
- Barbie Marshall, Chef Partner of SOOP Catering, Finalist on Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen
- Clara Park, Food Network’s Chopped Champion, Corporate Chef of Culinary Innovation for Chelten House
- Roberta Pipito, TV lifestyle/food contributor, chef and blogger (Homemade Delish) often referred to as “Philadelphia’s Rachael Ray”
- Rick Tarantino, frequent guest on Food Network and Good Morning America, Rastelli Markets Spokesperson on QVC Network, Creator of Silver Shell Gourmet Seafood line
Melissa Magee, 6ABC’s Meteorologist and Women Against Abuse Honorary Council Member will again emcee the evening.
Visit www.womenagainstabuse.org/events/dish-it-up to learn more about the event and how to compete or become a sponsor.